Problems and Conflicts

If you have a problem while in the program—drugs, alcohol, sexual harassment, anxiety, depression, eating disorder, and so on—KCP coordinators and their staff are available. Go to them right away and explain the problem. It will remain confidential. They will be able to assist you with most issues.

If needed, you will be referred to competent professionals. Since there are no support services of this nature on campuses abroad, you are financially responsible for any treatment. The cost does tend to be less expensive than in the U.S., and your health insurance may cover it.

If you have existing issues, tell KCP-USA immediately; don’t wait until you are in Japan.



If you encounter any legal problems, go to your embassy for assistance. The embassy can offer you a list of local attorneys and contact your family for you. It cannot provide monetary assistance to cover any legal fees. The embassy can only work on your behalf to ensure that you receive the same treatment as Japanese citizens charged with the same offense. The American Embassy address:

American Embassy
Box 205
1-10-5 Akasaka Minato-Ku
Tokyo 107-0052
Tel: 03-3224-5000
Fax: 03-5770-5041



When you leave the United States, you are no longer under the jurisdiction of U.S. law. In Japan, you are subject to Japanese law. You will be required to respect the national and local laws of Japan.

You are a representative of your own country. As such, you are expected to respect and comply with Japanese laws and social norms. KCP International Japanese Language School reserves the right to dismiss any student who does not comply with regulations established by the local government, KCP, or your home or sponsoring university. KCP does not grant refunds to students dismissed due to rule violations. No academic credit is given to dismissed students.

Any student caught using illegal drugs will be expelled from KCP and will face possible criminal prosecution in Japan. Remember, you are subject to the laws of Japan during your stay.